Volunteer at the Social Media Conference Suriname
Our volunteers play a key role within the conference. They bring joy, provide information and also make guests feel welcome. Are you a sociable person, and do you also like challenging responsibilities? Join our team of volunteers and contribute to an unforgettable Social Media Conference.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Social Media Conference Suriname 2022 (SMCS22). We truly appreciate it. This year’s event will take place in Paramaribo at the Torarica Resort from 27th to 28th of October.
We are super excited to have you join us and look forward to a smooth and enjoyable collaboration with you. Your time and talent are greatly appreciated.
Below you’ll find an overview of the various volunteer roles. Choose which one suits you best. There are several roles, and you will be given the opportunity to tell us your preferred role when filling out the form at the end of this page. You may also sign up for more than one role. We will do our best to place you in the roles you prefer. Good luck!
1. Set up/ tear down team: Chairs, tables, a podium, microphones, etc. are all a big part of every conference. Rooms have to be put together with adequate seating for attendees and often, this involves a quick change to the room layout for another session. As part of the ‘set up/ tear down team, you’ll quickly get the conference spaces set-up and then dismantled.
2. Registration team: The Registration team is responsible for managing the check-in process. It’s also important to update the attendee list throughout the day for an accurate attendance count and understanding of whom to expect at the conference.
3. Information team (info booth/greeters/ushers): There’s plenty happening during a conference, and attendees will frequently have questions. Information Team volunteers are positioned strategically where attendees can go for questions and/or uncertainties. A volunteer that is available to provide information is very helpful to attendees. Having ushers to show people to a specific seat is definitely helpful. Even if you aren’t ushering people, just having a greeter to help attendees know where to go or just verify that they are at the “right place” is a necessary service.
4. Vibe team: Responsible for bringing/ creating good vibes at the conference and also maintaining these vibes. Making sure everyone present feels welcome and full of excitement is the main duty.
- Directional signage: Volunteers that are in charge of directional signage will help participants get to where they need to be by holding necessary direction signage.
- Host banquet/ballroom: Leading the audience through the event, and monitoring room capacity and attendance, are the main responsibilities of the host.
- High five guy: Celebrate the presence of the guests by giving them a high five.
- Smile guy/girl: One of the easiest ways to pass on positive vibes is to smile. The smile guy/girl will be holding a sign reminding people to smile.
5. Technical team: To ensure that everything runs smoothly during the conference we need good functioning equipment, but equipment needs operators, so the technical team is the one who helps run all the facilities in the event. Moreover, the technical team must ensure any equipment in the event runs smoothly, and fix errors whenever it appears.
6. Session runner team: Responsible for making sure the session runs smoothly, on time, and that your audience is engaged.
- Mic runner:
- Handing microphones to the audience during Q&A’s
- Go in search for the next questioner
- Sessions need to run on time, and you will be able to warn the speaker in advance
- Inform the speaker when time is running out
7. Speaker concierge: your main responsibility is assisting the SMCS22 Speaker Team. Your tasks may include:
- Escorting speakers to their sessions, activities of interest and generally around the event
- Creating a good experience for our conference speakers by greeting and receiving them with warmth and professionalism
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all speaker-related information.
8. Artistic and chill area: The chill area is where conference participants go to relax and vibe with other participants. Volunteers that are placed in this area will assist the chill area visitors with any questions/ concerns they might have.
- Volunteers commit to being available for the virtual pre-conference training.
- Volunteers commit to being available for the onsite pre-conference training.
During the conference:
- Volunteers commit to be available for two consecutive days, during the conference on the 27th and 28th of October, from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Volunteers commit to be available at the networking party on the 27th of October from 7 PM till 11 PM (depending on shift).
SMCS22 Volunteers bring a few key qualities to support the conference, such as:
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to help
- Event experience (preferred but not mandatory)
- Great communication skills
During the conference, there will be multiple shifts, with most volunteers serving multiple shifts. Volunteers will have the opportunity to have breaks between shifts. The volunteers are also allowed to attend sessions that do not interfere with their schedule.
NOTE: In case you do not meet the eligibility requirements for volunteering at SMCS22, we encourage you to buy a pass and join the conference.
Volunteer Application Opens: 19 September 2022
Volunteer Application Deadline: 3 October 2022
Volunteers Notified of Application Status: 10 October 2022
Volunteer Roles Announced: 17 October 2022 (subject to change)
Volunteer Shifts Announced: 20 October 2022 (subject to change)
Pre-Event Online Training: 21 October 2022 (subject to change)
Volunteer Onsite Training: 25 October 2022 (subject to change)
Social Media Conference Suriname 2022: 27th and 28th of October
Networking party: 27th of October
Post-Event feedback: 1 November
- Click to submit your volunteer application
- The application deadline is 3 October 2022
- For further questions, reach out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A heartfelt appreciation goes out to all of you who have shown interest to volunteer at SMCS22. We look forward to a successful and productive collaboration with you at the conference!