Join our conference as a volunteer! You’ll power up the event, ensuring seamless operations and spreading pure joy among attendees. It’s your chance to grow, network, and make Social Media Conference Suriname truly unforgettable. Don’t miss out!
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Social Media Conference Suriname 2023 (SMCS23). We truly appreciate it. This year’s event will take place in Paramaribo at the Torarica Resort from the 23rd till the 25th of October.
We are super excited to have you join us and look forward to a smooth and enjoyable collaboration with you. Your time and talent are greatly appreciated.
Below you’ll find an overview of the various volunteer roles. Choose which one suits you best. There are several roles, and you will be given the opportunity to tell us your preferred role when filling out the form at the end of this page. You may also sign up for more than one role. We will do our best to place you in the roles you prefer. Good luck!
1. Set up/ tear down team: Chairs, tables, a podium, microphones, etc. are all a big part of every conference. Rooms have to be put together with adequate seating for attendees and often, this involves a quick change to the room layout for another session. As part of the ‘set up/ tear down team, you’ll quickly get the conference spaces set-up and then dismantled.
2. Registration team: The Registration team is responsible for managing the check-in process. It’s also important to update the attendee list throughout the day for an accurate attendance count and understanding of whom to expect at the conference.
3. Vibe team: Responsible for bringing/ creating good vibes at the conference and also maintaining these vibes. Making sure everyone present feels welcome and full of excitement is the main duty.
5. Technical team: To ensure that everything runs smoothly during the conference we need good functioning equipment, but equipment needs operators, so the technical team is the one who helps run all the facilities in the event. Moreover, the technical team must ensure any equipment in the event runs smoothly, and fix errors whenever it appears.
6. Session runner team: Responsible for making sure the session runs smoothly, on time, and that your audience is engaged.
7. Speaker concierge: your main responsibility is assisting the SMCS23 Speaker Team. Your tasks may include:
8. Lounge Host: As the lounge host you will be responsible for welcoming guests, checking their badges and monitoring our exclusive conference lounge.
9. Can do squad: Picture this: a dynamic team of problem-solving dynamos, the Can Do Squad, charging into action at the conference! These fearless individuals aren’t just attendees – they’re on a mission to tackle the unforeseen challenges that arise with flair and finesse. Whether it’s breaking the ice, adapting to last-minute changes, or sparking creativity in a pinch, the Can Do Squad is on standby, ready to turn every conference moment into an opportunity to shine.
Volunteers commit to being available for the onsite pre-conference training.
Volunteers commit to participate in an online quiz.
During the conference:
SMCS23 Volunteers bring a few key qualities to support the conference, such as:
During the conference, there will be multiple shifts, with most volunteers serving multiple shifts. Volunteers will have the opportunity to have breaks between shifts. The volunteers are also allowed to attend sessions that do not interfere with their schedule.
NOTE: In case you do not meet the eligibility requirements for volunteering at SMCS23, we encourage you to buy a pass and join the conference.
Volunteer Application Opens: 31 August 2023
Volunteer Application Deadline: 21 September 2023
Volunteers Notified of Application Status: 2 October 2023
Volunteer Roles & Shifts Announced: 16 October 2023 (subject to change)
Pre-Event Online Training: 11 October 2023 (subject to change)
SMCS Quiz: 13 October 2023
Volunteer Onsite Training: 22 October 2023 (subject to change)
Social Media Conference Suriname 2023: 23rd, 24th & 25th of October.
Networking party: 25th of October (subject to change)
Post-Event feedback: 1 November 2023
A heartfelt appreciation goes out to all of you who have shown interest to volunteer at SMCS23. We look forward to a successful and productive collaboration with you at the conference!